EVHRDC R&D Projects
- Created on Thursday, 17 September 2009 08:56
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 09:29
The Eastern Visayas Health Research & Development Consortium (EVHRDC), is established by PCHRD to coordinate and monitor health R & D activities in Region 8. At present, the consortium has 29 active members composed of public and private institutions involved in health research and development activities in the region.
For this year 2009, the EVHRDC has seven (7) on-going projects funded under the Regional Research Fund (RRF) Mechanism. RRF was perceived as a mechanism to encourage beginning researchers in the region to be involved in health research. Of the seven (7) on-going RRF projects, 5 projects are funded by the PCHRD while 2 other projects are funded through DOH funds.
As part of the PCHRD's monitoring of its on-going projects and periodic review of the utilization of RRF funds for this year, Ms. Annie atameo of PCHRD conducted its monitoring visit at DOST Region 8 Office in Palo, Leyte, last September 3, 2009 where the proponents presented the status/progress of the following RHRDC-RRF funded projects:
- Factors Associated with Sustainability of Quality Health Standards in Sentrong Sigla Phase 2 Level 1 - Certified Rural Health Units/ Health Centers in Region 8 presented by Mr. Leonido P. Olobia, DOH-8
- Characterization of Bioactive Compounds of Polypog by Dr. Gerry Ambait, Eastern Samar State University (ESSU)
- An Association between Nutritional Status and Academic Performance of Elementary School Children in the Dev. Of Eastern Samar by Dr. Eva Palada of ESSU
- Women with Breast Cancer: Their Economic and Human Experiences by Prof. Irma Magsambol, UP-School of Health Sciences
- Antimicrobial Screening of Indigenous Plants Second Year by Dr. Dennis Esquivel
- Production and Evaluation of PRP-1, a Novel Antihypertensive protein from Yam by Dr. Edgardo Tulin, Visayas State University (VSU)
The evaluation and monitoring of projects was conducted with technical assistance from Dr. Jesus N. Sarol, Jr., PCHRD Consultant. Dr. Bayani Blas, member, EVHRDC, also participated and provided technical inputs during the 1-whole day activity.